A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Friday, February 18, 2011

Ms. D is a Chick Eater!!

This may look like a cupcake wrapper filled with chocolate rice krispies to you, but to a group of kindergartners, this was a nest for chick eggs... and I ate them :(

Let me explain... Like any other day as an elementary school teacher, I am barraged with sweets and candies. Not that I'm complaining, of course. Today it was one of the Early-Fives girls who came in with this scrumptious treat. It started out as a chocolate ricekrispy nest with 3 chocolate eggs inside. They gave me one, one for the kinder teacher, and one for the aide.

In the time that it had taken me to devour one of the eggs, the kinder aide had convinced four of the kinder girls that the eggs were real chicks that would hatch if they were REALLY quiet. She was pointing out a crack in one of hers, solidifying the point that they were real chick eggs.

I was popping the second egg into my mouth as I saw a little blonde-haired five year old giving me a murderous look. She looked at me like I had just killed a baby bird in front of her! We explained that they were just chocolate and I PROMISED they weren't real chicks- but it was too late... She just stared at me. Without forgiveness.

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?