A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 1

So, the first day is over and it was fantastic! It's so nice when your expectations meet with reality. At first I was overwhelmed and bombarded by parents, but as soon as I shut the classroom door, I knew I could handle anything.

Don't get me wrong, not everything went perfect. I learned A LOT today such as:

*Don't be afraid to re-think an assignment or directions in the middle of an activity...sometimes it's just not gonna work.

*It's best to over-plan... those lessons take less time than you really think they should.

*Clarity is key. You say stack the tissue boxes on the shelves, they'll stack them until they're 10 ft. high! Observe:

*DON'T wear high heels on the first day!!!

*My family is the BEST! My day started with an inspiring text message from my wonderful fiance, and got better as my mom and sister dropped off these gorgeous flowers from my dad, mom, and sisters.

I had a fantastic first day and am so excited for day 2!

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?