A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Monday, June 14, 2010

Aaaaaand...it's over.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. There will be graduations and parties, goodie bags and good bye hugs. The students who I have been fortunate enough to get to know and teach will be chomping at the bit to get out of school and set up play dates throughout the summer. Teachers will be packing up their classrooms and getting their mental faculties in order to take on a new class in two months. There is a tangible sigh of relief this time of year on every school campus as everyone is ready for a sybaritic vacation from reality.

I, on the other hand, will be job hunting (as ever) and praying to God that I get a position like the one I had this year. I was very fortunate to have been accepted into this school's family. What began as a six-week maternity leave coverage, turned into a six-month position. I have learned so much and have met many fabulous teachers and I am sad to give it up so easily. There is no position for me anymore because none of the teachers want to give up their classrooms (geeze! the gaul... haha). I thank them for letting me in for just a little while, and hope that there is something for me next year.

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?