A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Forget Shorty... It's all about Shawnee!

It seems as if I'm catching all of the crazy kiddie talk that is going on around me lately. Today after lunch, I overheard a little boy singing to himself a song that went something like this: "Charlie is a memory in my head da ma deeda do..." He repeated this line over and over.

When I stopped to ask him what the words were he said that he didn't know them all but san it again anyway. Then another boy heard and said that the name wasn't Charlie, it was Shirley. They debated it a moment and decided to call in a third party. When a little girl got into the mix, she convinced everyone that the song went like this: "Shawnee is a melody in my head got me singin...." (she didn't know the rest either). So, for the rest of the day this is what they were singing. Over and over and over...

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?