A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Thursday, July 1, 2010

Take one!

Alll righty then...

I've landed an interview for a fourth grade position. Can you believe that it is the first teaching interview that I've been offered? I can't. In the real world, I should've been on at least 20 interviews with the amount resumes I've sent out. Well, I was really happy when I read this in the email today:

Although we are really looking for teachers with a few years of classroom experience, I was so impressed by your portfolio and recommendation letters, I would like to invite you to our school for an interview.

So, I got an interview despite the fact that I am under-qualified! I donno, because in the email she informed me that the school is Jewish Orthodox. While I'd LOVE to learn more about the religion and culture, I can't think that my being Catholic will help get the job :_Oh well, she must've seen something she liked right?! FINALLY! It's nice to know that SOMEONE took the time to look at my portfolio! haha, sometimes I think that all the energy I put into it wasn't worth it... Well, wish me luck!

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?