A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back to School Night

Why is it that many teachers can spend their days yacking kids' ears off, yet when it comes to parents...its a no go. I know I aways feel uncomfortable in front of a room of parents. Perhaps its because I'm used to being the oldest one in the room, and then suddenly everyone's older than me... whatever the case, it happens. So, today was Back to School Night and if I do say so myself, It went fabulously! I was nervous, so I made a little powerpoint to keep me on track. It was great and it turns out that I have a great group of parents (knock on wood). If everything goes as nicely as it has today, I might not give up this class at the end of the year. I'll just follow them to 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th! haha Seriously though, it's always fantastic to hear positive things from the parents and to be able to see where the kids are coming from. I hope the whole year is this great! xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?