A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rubrics are for Everyone!

Through my credentialing program I had this one professor... she knows who she is... who used to make us practice writing rubrics. She would make us do it over and over until we got it right, and then we would have to include on in EVERY lesson plan. She kept telling us to use them and claimed that they were the only way to salvation. haha. Okay, so a little dramatic, but she used to say that they were the only fair way to grade everyone. To tell you the truth, I used to think she was overexaggerating a little. Then I realized she wasn't. Go figure.

A while ago I met a teacher who had never made friends with grading rubrics. One day this teacher asked me if a paper looked like a B paper. I don't know WHAT a B paper looks like! According to my standards or yours?? Geeze people. I didn't even know what to say. I was flabberghasted that a teacher would actually grade like that.

All I can say is "Thank you Dr. PB for enlightening us and not letting me be one of those teachers!!"

xxOOxx

1 comment:

  1. Rubrics are for everyone. Thanks Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?