A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Monday, April 12, 2010

U is for Umpire

So, it's baseball season and I am uber excited to see my Dodgers play once again. I think the only reason I like the off season (and I do mean the ONLY) is because I can get excited when the season begins again! The first home game is tomorrow and I think I have baseball on the brain so it's no surprise that this excitement followed me into the classroom.


This week in school we are studying the letter "Uu." Can you imagine how many words start with u? Let me tell you, not many. Can you imagine my excitement when one of the word cards was "umpire"? Let me tell you, it was great. So, that spurred a fifteen minute conversation with four and five year olds about baseball, their favorite teams, the purpose of an umpire, and their experiences with sports. One little one said, "Ms. D., I loobe the Dodgers too! My favorite player is Manny. He's so dreeamy." Ahh... Life is good.

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?