A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Thursday, April 1, 2010

Toothless smiles :)

It seems like everytime I see this one little girl, she's missing another tooth! Now, she has a beautiful smile with three gaps. It's gorgeous! she always gives me the biggest grin when she sees me so that I can see her missing teeth. She thinks it's funny that I make a big fuss over it.

I can remember when I lost my baby teeth. It's such a weird right of passage, isn't it? Pieces of your body falling out. Weird but oddly amazing. Feeling a little wiggle, then it wiggles more, and even more until it feels like it's hanging on by a thread. When that stubborn tooth FINALLY falls out (or is pulled out in many cases) it's such a relief! Then, you get to feel that gap in your mouth where a new tooth is timidly poking out. I had completely forgotten about the mystery of this experience until I started working with the little ones.

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?