A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Friday, March 12, 2010

Contemplations on the Chupacabra

A funny dialogue*:

Me: Alex, Why have you been in the bathroom for so long? It's been 10 minutes!
5 year old Alex: Umm...
Me: Were you plying in the bathroom?
Alex: NO!
Me: Then...what?
Alex:Well, I was in the bathroom and I started thinking about the Chupacabra.
Me: (Stunned silence).
Alex: Then, I was thinking about it so much and I forgot about this class... Sorry Miss D, but sometimes I do that. Sometimes I think too much and I forget about this class...sorry...
Me:Uhh, okay then. Go finish your math.

I mean, what do you say to a five year old who is contemplating the existence of the Chupacabra?!?


*names have been changed...just in case.


xxOOxx

1 comment:

What do you think?