A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Site Review: Teaching Heart


I think this was one of the first teaching websites that I found. It is LOTS of fun and has a little bit of everything...seriously. But perhaps best of all is that it is still being updated :) I HATE finding cool websites that are like five years old and they never change. Right now, my favorite part is a whole section for new teachers (www.teachingheart.net/newteacher.html). Here you will find:

  • Resume Help
  • Interview Help
  • Bulletin Boards
  • Classroom Management Tips
  • Student Teaching Tips and MORE!

Well, the website is mostly for K-3rd grade but she has a lot of fun lessons for special days such as St. Patrick's Day, the 100th Day, the 1st Day, the Last day, Open House and stuff like that. It also has:

  • children's literature reviews
  • Center Ideas
  • Motivational Techniques
  • Reader's Theatre Scripts
  • (and my favorite)...pictures of actual different classrooms! coolness!

[make sure to scroll all the way down the page to see all the link options, they are at the bottom of the homepage!]

Like any other site, they're trying to make money so they are constantly trying to sell these "teacher time saver CD-Roms" the CD's are filled with printables... but are a bit over priced for me! I mean, $30-ish dollars for a CD filled with free worksheets that I could probably find online anyway? I'll pass. However, the rest of the site is definitely worth checking out!!


xx00xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?