A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Friday, May 14, 2010

LA Zoo Craziness!

Ahh... the zoo with lots and lots of marveling minds! So much to see and sooo much do do. We had a fun-filled day with a picnic lunch and a lot of walking.

I'm exhausted.

Field trips are hard work.

Thank goodness my BFF was able to come :) Love you Alisa!

The day was fabulous until we went into the aviary.
CAUTION: the rest of this story is not for the faint of heart...
So, we were tired and ambled into the aviary.
We were looking at the baby flamingos when we saw a mommy and daddy duck and their little ducklings. See how cute they are?!

Anyway, so Mommy and Daddy duck walk on this rock and run into a bush. They decide that the only way down is to jump maybe five feet down. The first two ducklings are pushed down, but make it just fine. Then, the whole family leaves two little ones up on the rock.

The last one jumps and they all seem to be ok when one starts spinning on the floor. I think it broke its neck. Mommy and Daddy then started attacking it (to put it out of its misery?). By then, I had pushed the two little ones I was with to the next exhibit. Thankfully they didn't catch on, however Alisa and I are now scarred for life. It was the most depressing thing I have ever seen.

xxOOxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?