A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Kingdom for a Doughnut

It has come to my attention that I haven't shared this delightful little story with you all. Be forewarned, it's pretty funny (or at least I thought so when it was happening!).

A couple weeks ago, I was given yet another delightful, if not diabetes-causing, doughnut for one birthday or another (see Teaching is a lot of Calories post) . Seeing as it was the middle of class, I put it on my desk. About ten minutes later I caught one of the girls scoping out my snack. I was sitting at my desk talking to a few students about their work when, out of the corner of my eye, I see her grab a piece of my doughnut!! My doughnut! Right off my desk! Right in front of me! I was stunned into non-action.

It took all of three seconds to execute this well-thought out plan. She snatched a piece, stuffed it in her mouth and ran off in record time. When I finally realized what had happened she was already five feet away. I called her name and she froze. She turned slowly and looked at me with her big brown eyes. When I saw her, I almost laughed. She looked as guilty as a cat who has just eaten a canary (especially because there was a0 little doughnut peeking out of the corner of her mouth).

I called her over and she started crying.
Me: Why did you do that?
Her: It was an accident.
me: (almost laughing again) How was that an accident?
Her: I donno. I'm soooorrryyyyyyy!
Me: Why did you do that?
Her: I like doughnuts. I wanted it.
Me: Okay, but I think you need to move your stick and have a time out for touching something on Ms. D's desk.
Her: okay.

Later that day she had to tell her mom why she wasn't on green. When she finally whispered the reason in her mom's ear, her mom's eyes became HUGE! Ahh... it was such a funny situation, I almost didn't punish her, but I had to... funny girl!

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?