A blog about the trials and tribulations of a new teacher


Monday, May 24, 2010

My Little Pity-Party

Dear Ms....,

Thank you for your recent application to _______ School District for the position of Elementary Teacher. The difficult job of screening applications has been completed. There were many fine candidates however not all applicants could be chosen for an interview. This email is to inform you that you have not been selected for an interview at this time.

..USD sincerely wishes you the best in all your employment endeavors,

Sincerely,
Blah Blah Blech!


I get at least one letter like this a week. After about 20 weeks, I'm about to break down! Every time one comes into my inbox, I cringe. I don't deal well with failure. Normally, I push and push until I get what I want however, it doesn't seem to be working thus far. I'm so done.

Yeah, yeah... I know what you're saying "but Ashley, It's a hard market for EVERYONE right now...There are just too many displaced teachers....just wait it out...you'll get a job, don't worry!" Well, thanks for the encouragement, but I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. How am I supposed to get a job if they won't even give me an interview?? Gahhhhhhhh!!!!! It's just that after months and MONTHS of job searching, I'm coming up empty-handed. I don't see a light at the end of this very long tunnel.

You know what kills me most?? Do you? It's the fact that I KNOW there are teachers out there who hate what they're doing. They give the kids worksheets all day and don't have the passion it takes to be an above-average teacher. They're sitting in their classrooms, biding time, waiting to retire and I'm on the outside banging on the door until my hands are bloody. Why do I try so hard?

Thanks for indulging in my pity-party... more upbeat posts to follow...

xxOOxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?